- 1/2 cup almonds (soaked for 4 hours or more, rinse well)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 6 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 pinch salt
What to do:
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until they are quite fine.
- Add the cacao, dates, nectar, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend well and add a little water – add 3 or so tbs to moisten the mixture.
- Put mixture in a bowl and start rolling. If you make them small you will get around 20 pieces.
- Dip each ball into the desiccated coconut and cover thoroughly by rolling and pressing to cover each ball evenly.
- Put in the fridge for two hours before serving as it helps the truffles harden.